Application Deadline is June 15.
The Armstrong County Community Foundation, an approved Pre-K scholarship organization under the Pennsylvania EITC program, provides scholarships for eligible students to attend approved preschools.
NEW! The Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development has increased family eligibility guidelines, effective July 1, 2013. Families with incomes of not more than $75,000 + $15,000 for each dependent are now eligible to apply!
To qualify for this scholarship, the parents of the student must either reside or be employed by a company located in Armstrong or Butler Counties. An eligible student is
- a preschool age student (age 3-5),
- who is a resident of Pennsylvania,
- who is enrolled in a school located in this Commonwealth,
- who is a member of a household with an annual household income of not more that $75,000, except that an additional income allowance of $15,000 is permitted for the student and for each other dependent (as defined by the IRS) living within the same household,
- and who is attending a preschool which, in accordance with EITC regulations, has provided confirmation with the Armstrong County Community Foundation that the curriculum is in alignment with the appropriate Kindergarten’s instructional and developmental activities. Approved curriculum alignment letters have been received from the following Armstrong County preschools and funding has been received. Therefore, scholarship applications can be accepted from:
- Butterfly Hill Preschool
- Cardinal Maida Academy Pre-Kindergarten Program
- The Children’s Clinic of Kiski Valley
- Divine Redeemer School Pre-Kindergarten Program
- Evangel Heights Child Development Center
- Grace Christian School Pre-Kindergarten Program
- His Kids Christian Academy
- Kiddies Korner Nursery School, Inc.
- Little Bird Preschool
- Lutheran Church Nursery School
- Our Lady of the Most Blessed Sacrament School
- Primarily Kids
- Seeds of Faith Christian Academy Pre-Kindergarten Program
Application forms are available for download, and must be postmarked by June 15th of each year for the subsequent school year.
In 2001, the Educational Improvement Tax Credit (EITC) program overwhelmingly passed the legislature and was signed into law by former Governor Tom Ridge. Tax credits may be applied against the tax liability of your business for the tax year in which the contribution was made. For contributions to Pre-Kindergarten Scholarship Organizations, a business may receive a tax credit equal to 100% of the first $10,000 contributed and up to 90% of the remaining amount contributed up to a maximum credit of $150,000 annually.
Eligible businesses are those who are subject to one or more of the following taxes: Corporate Net Income Tax; Capital Stock Franchise Tax, Bank and Trust Company Shares Tax; Title Insurance Companies Shares Tax; Insurance Premiums Tax; Mutual Thrift Institution Tax; or Personal Income Tax of S corporation shareholders or Partnership partners.
Businesses interested in keeping their tax dollars in their home counties may apply on the Pennsylvania Department of Community Economic Development (DCED) website, or for more information contact the Armstrong County Community Foundation at 724-548-5897. For more information, please click here.
We are proud that these companies have contributed to the Pre-K EITC program in Armstrong County:
- Allegheny Technologies, Inc.
- Highmark Casualty Insurance Co.
- Highmark Inc.
- Rosebud Mining Company