Wow! We’ve had two pretty incredible Days of Giving, don’t you think? Whether you participated in one or both, or are just learning about the Day of Giving, welcome! We are working hard to make our third Day of Giving SUPER! Lets continue the trend we witnessed from 2011 to 2012:
- 23% increase in # of gifts
- 25% increase in donations
- 60% increase in match funds
- 31% increase in total amount distributed
There are so many wonderful nonprofit organizations in our area that are in need of and deserving funding, and we are proud that we found a way to give back to ALL OF YOU.
We are now preparing for our third annual Day of Giving on May 9, 2013. Below are eligibility guidelines and tips for how to prepare for the Day of Giving.
*See sidebar to the right for a complete list of rules & guidelines
Nonprofits in or serving Armstrong County are eligible. Your organization must be a 501(c)3 organization (or otherwise eligible for tax-deductible donations, if you’re not sure, ask!). Once we’ve approved your registration, you will be listed here, where donors can easily find you, learn more about you, and give to your organization on the Day of Giving, May 9, 2013.
For Approved Nonprofit Organizations, Here’s How It Will Work
Once you become an approved organization, it’s time to reach out to your supporters. Donations must be made to the Armstrong County Community Foundation with your organization designated, and the donations must be made ON MAY 9, 2013. There are three ways to accomplish this:
1. Write a check to ACCF with approved nonprofit organization name in memo and hand deliver it to 160 N. McKean Street, Kittanning, PA 16201 ON MAY 9th.
2. Write a check to ACCF with approved nonprofit organization name in memo and mail it to 160 N. McKean Street, Kittanning, PA 16201 ON MAY 9th (must be postmarked May 9, not received in the mail May 9).
3. Make a secure online donation with approved nonprofit organization designated ON MAY 9th [*online fees will be deducted from your donation, so please
consider adding (2.2% + $0.30)]. The link will be attached to your profile here.
After all donations have been collected, we will send your approved organization a check totaling the donations designated to you PLUS your portion of the match money from the Match Fund. The % match will be determined based on how much money is raised during the entire day.
Resources to help you promote the Day of Giving
You can also use this logo (right click to copy or save):