There are SUPERHEROES everywhere we look!
Be a SUPERHERO to a nonprofit in our community on May 9th. We’ve sweetened the pot with $50,000 in matching funds! Here’s how to make an eligible donation:
1. Write a check to ACCF with [organization] in the memo and hand deliver it on May 9, 2013 to 160 N. McKean St, Kittanning.
2. Write a check to ACCF with [organization] in the memo and mail it to 160 N. McKean St, Kittanning, PA 16201 on May 9, 2013 (postmark must be May 9, not delivered on May 9).
3. Make a secure online donation from www.ArmstrongGives.org on May 9, 2013.
How It Works
The Match Fund matches donations made to eligible organizations on the Day of Giving, which will be on Thursday, May 9, 2013. In 2011, we were able to match $25,000, and in 2012, we were able to match $40,000. Surely $50,000 isn’t too much to ask for in 2013? Please contact us if you’d like to be a match partner!
Day of Giving Rules & Guidelines
- Nonprofit organizations [501(c)3] wishing to participate in the Day of Giving must attend the Nonprofit Training on Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at ACMH Continuing Education Room, 2nd Floor, Kittanning, PA 16201 from 10am-2pm. If extenuating circumstances prevent the ability to attend this training, you must contact Jessica at ACCF to make alternate arrangements.
- Nonprofit organizations [501(c)3] in or serving Armstrong County must complete a profile by April 30, 2013 on www.ArmstrongGives.org to be eligible, and submit a copy of their IRS Determination Letter to ACCF, 160 N. McKean St., Kittanning, PA 16201. Other Foundations and religiously affiliated organizations are not eligible to participate, unless they are raising money for a particular community project that serves the larger community. Based on the submitted information, ACCF will determine if the organization is eligible. If it is, the organization will be approved and the profile will be published on www.ArmstrongGives.org.
- Each approved organization is eligible to receive funds with no maximum limit for the organization; HOWEVER, only gifts of $20 (minimum) to $5,000 will be matched. Donations must be a minimum of $20. Organizations are prohibited from donating to themselves. Previous pledges, other regular gifts, or grants are ineligible for matching dollars.
- All donations for approved nonprofits must be made payable to the ACCF, with the organization designated to qualify for matching funds.
- Every approved organization that receives contributions during the Day of Giving will receive a portion of the match. The matching dollars will be pro-rated, and will depend upon the total amount of the Match Fund, and the total amount of donations received.
- All qualifying donations must be received on or postmarked on May 9, 2013. Online, check, and cash donations will be accepted. Donations hand delivered after business hours can be left in the mail slot. The address is 160 N. McKean St., Kittanning, PA 16201. Online fees generated from donations will be deducted from the total online donation for that organization. Nonprofit organizations may ask their online donors to give a few extra dollars to cover this cost. Fee calculation is 2.2% + $0.30 per transaction.
- The ACCF is not eligible to participate or receive matching funds.